Is Your Motorcycle Properly Covered?
You have been contemplating getting your M License for quite some time now. Your friends have been telling you to get a motorcycle so you can enjoy the back country roads with them. This is an exciting step for you and this is the summer where you are finally going to join them! Before getting on your motorcycle, there are a few things you should keep note of regarding motorcycle insurance.
1. Motorbike make and model: the more powerful or expensive the bike, the more it will cost to fix or replace should you make a claim.
2. Your location: owners in cities typically pay more as it’s more likely that their bike will be involved in an accident or stolen.
3. Your occupation: some occupations, such as HGV (Heavy Goods Vehicle) driver could count in your favour and lower your premium.
4. Your experience: if you’re an experienced rider or have taken any advanced riding courses, your premium could be lower.
5. Criminal offences or points on your riding licence: If you have committed an offence related to riding in the last 5 years, or if you have points on your license, this could increase the cost of your premium.
Much like a car, having your motorcycle insured is mandatory in Canada, and it’s crucial you are aware of your options to ensure you have a fun and safe ride, without any unexpected extra costs should anything happen while on the road.