RV Insurance – Why It’s Important
Purchasing an RV can be a lot of fun for you and your family, the freedom of being able to go wherever you want and having a new backyard every day is something you have been dreaming of for a while now. There are however some variables to take into consideration with your RV insurance.
RV insurance is not mandatory, having it will give you peace of mind knowing that you have your bases covered. Most people don’t realize that your car insurance policy may not cover your RV. Unlike car insurance, the RV insurance you will be getting is mostly specialized. There are different types of coverage , some may cover your entire hitch or include coverage for all your permanent attachments like antennas and awnings.
The cost of RV insurance will vary , depending on several factors:
1. Whether your RV is a Class A, B or C model – Class A is the most expensive coverage followed by Class C, while Class B RVs are the least costly to insure.
2. If you use your RV occasionally or if you are living in the RV full-time.
3. Your driving history and record of accidents or past claims.
4. The limits you set on your policy, as well as the deductible amounts – for example, your overall costs will be lower if you choose high deductibles, but you will also have higher costs to pay out of pocket in the event that you need to file a claim.
5. The additional riders or added coverage you want to add, such as coverage for your personal belonging, towing and roadside assistance coverage etc.
Having the proper coverage will ensure you can relax knowing you are in good hands if anything unfavourable were to arise.