Snowmobile Insurance

Snowmobiling is an immensely popular winter activity in Ontario.

If you are 16 years of age or older, to drive a snowmobile across a road, on roadways, and on trails, you must have a valid driver’s licence, motorized snow vehicle operator’s license. If you are 12 years of age or older, to drive a snowmobile on a trail, you must have a valid motorized snow vehicle operator’s licence that allows you to drive a snowmobile.

Insurance is not required while the snowmobile is being driven on the private property of the snowmobile’s owner however, in all other cases, the law requires that you have the following minimum coverages:

* Third-Party Liability Coverage of at least $200,000 to protect you if another person is killed or injured, or if their property is damaged.
* Statutory Accident Benefits Coverage to provide supplementary medical, rehabilitation, attendant care, caregiver, non-earner, income replacement, and death benefits if you are killed or injured in an accident, regardless of who caused it.

* Direct Compensation – Property Damage (DCPD) Coverage to pay for damage to your vehicle and its contents, if another driver is at fault for an accident.
* Uninsured Automobile Coverage to provide financial compensation for you and your family if you’re injured or killed by an unidentified driver or by an uninsured motorist. It also covers damage to your vehicle caused by an identified uninsured driver, up to $25,000.

If you are looking at insuring your snowmobile, it could be now or few months later, we at The Shepherd Group will guide you to make sure you and your snowmobile have the proper coverage. So contact us today to discuss your snowmobile needs, or any other insurance needs you can’t even imagine!